Storm Update #1
September 9, 2011 by Chris
Hello Storm Racers!
The Storm is only 2 weeks away! It is time for your first update!
1. Race Check-in: The race check in location will be Shelter #1 at Kiptopeake State Park and will be available 3 hours before race start.
2. Gear bins: I do not expect racers to put water in their race bins. I will provide water on the course whenever you have access to your bins (and maybe a couple other times too). You may put fluids in your bin if you choose, but I wouldn’t worry about water.
3. Portage: Yes, there will be some portaging as part of this race. The exact amount will be based on team navigation choices and weather. Expect at least 1/2 mile, but could be as far as 2 miles if you choose to. I recommend bringing a good set of portage wheels.
4. Race timing: I expect top teams to finish this course in 24 hours. This should leave plenty of time for most teams to finish the full course.
5. Biking: Most of the biking will be on paved roads. You must bring a mountain bike. No road bikes or cyclocross bikes please.
6. Untamed NE Series Points:
|1||Sunglasses at night||27|
|5||Adventures for the Cure||18|
|6||Odyssey Adventure Racing/ImONpoint.org||16|
7. Rental Boats: Rental boats are still available from Southeast Expeditions. Tandems are $100 and solos are $75. Contact them directly to make your reservation (make sure to mention the race): 757-331-2680
Questions? I’ll see you all in two weeks!